- Librarian : Prof. K.Visweswara Rao
- Librarian(Ph) : 91-891-2844255
- Periodicals : 91-891-284 4127
- Technical Section : 91-891-284 4128
- Circulation : 91-891-284 4129
- Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Andhra University Library was started in the year 1927, renamed as V.S.Krishna Memorial Library in 1968 as a mark of respect to the former Vice-Chancellor Dr. V.S.Krishna. The Library has two branch Libraries, one in Engineering College and other in Law College.The total plinth area of the building is about 60,000 sqft.The main functionaries of the Library are the Circulation, Periodicals, Reference, Acquisition, Binding and Technical sections apart from the Administrative and Computers sections.
The Library has huge collection of books apart from important journals , microfilms, paper and palm leaf manuscript. The Library has been serving the academic and research community over years and presently it is serving more than 17,000 users. Access to e-journals is also made available to the campus academic community through UGC infonet programme.
The University library works as a hub of knowledge base for the students, research scholars, teachers and R&D wings of local industries such as Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Indian Navy and its several establishments, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Simhadri Power Project, Bharat Heavy plates & Vessels, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Coramandel Fertilisers, Hindustan Zink Ltd. etc.,
COLLECTION & OBJECTIVES
|Foreign Journals (Print)||62|
|Indian Journals (Print)||120|