To develop the institution into a center of academic excellence and advanced research by imparting high quality technical education to produce globally competent professionals who are socially responsible with high moral and ethical values.
To train our students to excel in engineering skills of global standards.
To support and strengthen faculty academically, from advanced research to discovery and creation of new concepts, systems and products.
To provide dependable consultancy services to industry.
Andhra University College of Engineering-Autonomous (AUCE (A)) had its beginnings in the Composite Madras State before Independence, in 1946. However, the seeds of technical education on Andhra University Campus had been soon in 1933 itself with the inception of Sugar Technology, the present Department of Chemical Engineering. In 1946 after the sanction, the college was initially located at Cocanada (the present Kakinada), under the Madras State. In 1955 after the first bifurcation of the State from the Combined Madras Government, Departments of major branches of Engineering--Mechanical, Civil & Electrical were established on the University Campus. The present AUCE (A) Campus (the North Campus of the Andhra University) had been established in 1955 on a sprawling area extending to 160 acres. The shift had seen the North Campus emerge as the present Andhra University College of Engineering-Autonomous. The department of Chemical Technology i.e Sugar Technology of 1933 was also shifted to the North Campus in 1962 further strengthening the Campus. The four sections of Basic Sciences have been upgraded to individual departments in 1979.
Over the years AUCE(A) has been growing from strength to strength. Today the Campus offers 17 UG and 35 PG programmes besides research on par with technical institutions worldwide. The strength of the college is its faculty who motivate the students in leading the country in its ongoing technological revolution and entrepreneurial skills.
In a recent survey conducted by a reputed organization AUCE(A) has been rated at first position among the state owned technical institutions in the country (Star News). The strong Alumni Association of the campus contributes its might to the overall development of campus in every way possible; the Dr. YVS Murthy Auditorium, North Campus Health Centre are built by the Alumni. The faculties of the departments are engaged in individual research besides consultancies with public, private and national research organizations.
The college is support by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP), a World Bank funded project to develop technical education in the country. TEQIP necessitated autonomous status to the College. It is a matter of pride that AUCE(A) stands at No.1 position in implementing the programme in the country.
AUCE(A), is ever ready to help and support public and private organization whenever technical support or otherwise is sought. The successful conduct of the first ever recruitment examination of APCRDA is a feather in the cap of AUCE(A).
The students of the Campus get placements through its Placement Cell in all major players in the country
The natural beauty of the campus with the serene blue waters of the Bay of Bengal on one side and the lush green Kailasagiri Hill on the other beckons academic enthusiasts to the Campus.
Welcome to Andhra University College of Engineering (Autonomous), Visakhapatnam, India.
AU College of Engineering (Autonomous)
Visakhapatnam - 530 003.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0891-2844999, 2754586
Fax : 0891-2747969