- Name : Prof. T.Vinoda Rao
- Designation : Principal
- Phone : (+91) 9866092269
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Science & Technology was started in the year 1931 as the combined Colleges of Arts, Science and Technology, and it was bifurcated in the year 1966 with Prof. R.Ramanadham as its first principal. The college has a total strength of nearly 2000 students, 100 research scholars, 232 teaches and 276 administrative and supporting staff. It is the biggest constituent college of the University with a teacher to student ratio of nearly 1:12. The college has 18 departments and two units organizing 50 courses covering the disciplines of Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Abstract Sciences etc. Five departments of the college viz., The departments of Physics, Geology, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology have special assistance programmes supported by the UGC . There are also research and training centers located in the college. These centers are Centre for Marine Archaeology. Centre for Nuclear Techniques, Delta Studies Institute, the University Science Instrumentation Centre and Ocean Science and Technology Cell. Other centers within some departments such as the Centre for Piezoelectric studies in Physics department and Centre for Water Resource Management. Another independent center, namely, Mahadevan International Centre for Water Resource and Management named after the famous Geologist Prof. C.Mahadevan, former principal and Head of the Department of Geology, Andhra University, is under establishment.