Different types of IP Rights
According to World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), "Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce."
The following IP rights are available in India.
Benefits of IP protection for universities and inventors
- Improve National/International ranking
- Facilitate joint R&D and partnership with industry
- Facilitate technology transfer
- Generate revenue (IP monetization)
- Increased investment in R&D
- Strengthens innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Enhance reputation and attract more talents
- Provide market entry barriers and competitive advantage
- Higher valuation for startups