- Name : Prof. R. Padma Sree
- Designation : Head of Department
- Mobile : 0891 2844870, 4869
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision:To excel in education, research and consultancy in Chemical Engineering and allied disciplines and to cater the needs of the industry, academia and society.
- To train young Chemical Engineers with quality education.
- To produce high quality Chemical Engineers with knowledge and skill to meet the technological needs of industry, academia and society.
- To develop world class Chemical Engineers with leadership qualities and good communication skills.
The Department of Chemical Engineering was started in 1933 and is one of the pioneering institutions in India to offer education in Chemical Engineering and Technology. The department offers full-fledged programs : B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering), B.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering), M.Tech. (Industrial Pollution Control Engineering) and M.Tech. (Biotechnology). The Department also fosters doctoral research. The Department research activities are supported by various funding agencies like U.G.C., MHRD, AICTE etc. The Department of Chemical Engineering is actively involved in consultancy services and caters to the need of local Chemical Industries. Excellent laboratories have been developed with state of the art equipment like atomic absorption spectroscope, Bioreactor, Fermentor, gas-liquid chromatography, HPLC, Fuel Cell test station, Electrochemical work station, Digital Bomb calorimeter, equipment to monitor stack emission, computer controlled level, flow, conical tank, spherical tank etc. The faculty of the department is actively involved in research in the areas of Heat Transfer, Biotechnology, Mineral Processing, Fluid flow, corrosion, Phase equilibria, Ionic Mass Transfer, Electrochemical Engineering, PEM fuel cell, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Environmental Pollution control, enzyme technology and industrial waste treatment.
|Sl.No||Name of the Program|
|1||B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering.)|
|2||B.Tech. (Bio- Technology)|
|1||M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)|
|2||M.Tech. (Industrial Pollution control Engineering)|
|1||Ph.D (Chemical Engineering)|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1: Graduates will have foundation and knowledge to become successful chemical engineers in industry, academia, or government
- PEO2: Graduates will have foundation and skills for obtaining, applying, and transferring knowledge across disciplines and into emerging areas of chemical engineering and related fields.
- PEO3: Graduates will be effective communicators and have appropriate leadership and teaming skills.
- PEO4: Graduates will have a sense of responsibility and ethical conduct to their profession and an appreciation for the impact of their profession on society both nationally and internationally.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1 Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of basic sciences and engineering fundamentals to solve Chemical Engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem Analysis: Analyze the complex engineering problems and give solutions related to chemical & allied industries.
- PO3 Design/ development of solutions: Identify the chemical engineering problems, design and formulate solutions to solve both industrial & social related problems.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Design & conduct experiments, analyze and interpret the resulting data to solve Chemical Engineering problems.
- PO5 Modern tool usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering & IT tools for the design, modeling, simulation and analysis studies.
- PO6 The engineer and society: Assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the relationship between society, environment and work towards sustainable development.
- PO8 Ethics: Understand their professional and ethical responsibility and enhance their commitment towards best engineering practices.
- PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as a member or a leader in diverse teams, and be competent to carry out multidisciplinary tasks.
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively in both verbal & non-verbal and able to comprehend & write effective reports.
- PO11 Project management and finance: Understand the engineering and management principles to manage the multidisciplinary projects in whatsoever position they are employed.
- PO12 Life-long learning: Recognize the need of self education and life-long learning process in order to keep abreast with the ongoing developments in the field of engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1 The students will be competent in applying basic sciences & chemical engineering principles to multi-disciplinary fields namely Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Environmental engineering and Energy engineering
- PSO2 The students will be able to apply the technical knowledge to solve the problems of chemical and allied industries and society