- Name : Prof. A. Anuradha
- Designation : Head of the Department
- Phone : 0891-2844393
- Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
Music & Dance are the integral parts of the Cultural heritage of any Nation. To promote Art & Culture, the Andhra Viswa Kala Parishad introduced M.A. Music course in 1989 and Dance course in 2004. The Dept. is located in pleasant atmosphere in the campus of A.U. in Heritage Courses Bhavan.
The department was started in the year 1989 with Prof. L.S.R. Krishna Sastry ( from English Department) as Founder Coordinator under the leadership of Prof. K.V.Ramana the then Vice-Chancellor and Dr. M. Gopalakrishana Reddy, was the Registrar. The Department had the privilege of having eminent musicians and scholars as faculty members. Sangeeta Kalanidhi Dr. Nedunuri Krishna Murthy ( for five years ) and Sangita Kala Sagara Sri Ivaturi Vijayeswara Rao ( for one year ) appointed as visiting professors initially. Sangita Kala Sagara, Smt. B. Arundhati Sarkar, Smt. M. Jalajakshi and Kum. K. Renuka Devi were the then Guest Faculty. The first permanent Faculty was Smt. A. Anuradha in 1990. Smt. K. Saraswati Vidyardhi & Ms. Mandapaka Sarada, the first batch students of M.A. Music, were appointed as Guest Faculty from 1992 to 1994 and got appointments as permanent faculty in 1994. Ph.D in Music was introduced in 1996, and these three permanent Faculty members were the first batch Ph.D awardees.
In 2004 Dance P.G. Course was introduced with eminent Guest Faculty, 'Sangita Nataka Academy Awardee' Sri Pasumarthi Seetharamayya, Sri A. Rukmaji Rao, 'Sangita Nataka Academy Awardee' Smt. A.B. Balakondala Rao, Sri Hari Ramamurthy and Smt. N.P. Radhika
In 2014 Music & Dance courses were merged and was upgraded as "Department of Music & Dance", Dr. A. Anuradha was the first Head of the Dept. upto 2017. Since June 2017 Prof. K. Saraswati Vidyardhi is appointed as HOD and also A.U. Chair Person- Board of Studies, Chairman Faculty of Fine Arts & A "Top Rank" Artiste of All India Radio & Doordarshan Senate Member for a period of 3 years. Prof. Mandapaka Sarada was retired in the year 2018. The Existing 2 Faculty are nominated in several prestigious Universities and Organizations. In addition to that Short term programs have also been conducted.21 Ph.Ds & 03 M.Phil are awarded.
|Ph.D. in Music|
|Prof. K. Saraswati Vidyardhi||Professor &
Chairman, Faculty of Fine Arts &
Top Rank Artiste of AIR&DD
|M.A., Ph.D.||The Unique style and Personality of Dr. Sripada Pinakapani, Creative Music, Singing of Anumandra Sthayi|
|Prof. A. Anuradha||Professor &|
|M.A., Ph.D.||Group Kritis in Telugu after Tyagaraja - and Analytical and Comparative study of them with Tyagaraja's Kritis|
- Prof. K. Saraswati Vidyardhi -Faculty in the Dept. of Music & Dance, A.U.
- Prof.Mandapaka Sarada,(Retd Faculty)-A good Academician and also a popular singer
- Prof. A. Anuradha, A good Academician and also a popular singer
- Prof V. Gowri Ram Mohan A good Academician and also a popular singer
- Dr. Pantula Rama - Very popular International Reputed Singer.
- Smt. Manda Sudha Rani - Very popular International Reputed Singer
- Malladi Brothers - Malladi Ravi Kumar & Malladi Sri Rama Prasad - These two brothers are Very popular International Reputed Singers.
- Dr. G. Sarada Subrahmanyam, M.Phil in Delhi University. And also an Artiste
- Dr. K. Vandana - Faculty in S.V. Music & Dance College and also an Artiste.
- Smt. Y. Srivani - Faculty in S.V. Music & Dance College and also an Artiste.
- Smt. Sailaja - Faculty in S.V. Music & Dance College and also an Artiste
- Dr. Dhanunjaya Rao Seepana - A Cine Music Artiste and also a good Performer
The Department has organized several Workshops & National Seminars in collaboration with other organizations. Tthe Department has also organized several programs and Vaggeyakara Utsavas, Quiz Programs, Competitions etc. Due to Carona Covi -19, a National Webinar was organized through Online and Papers published as a Journal of Andhra University and released on the occasion of 75th Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in 2021.
Students actively participated in several competitions and won 1st Prizes in National Level Youth Festivals and also received awards. They hae performed also participated in Stat Zonal level, National & International programs also. Few to mention
- Tribal Dance Festival with the support of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Central Government, New Delhi organized a grand Tribal Cultural Research & Training mission, Visakhapatnam, A.P.
- Participateed in NATA, Prabhat Samgiita Workshop
The Department conducts Programs on the eminent Vaggeyakaras and Dance Experts in a grand manner. Student's Seminars and Lecture Demonstrations are also conducted regularly. The Dept. has completed its 34 years. In these years several distinguished and prominent Vidwans and Dancers with International Reputation generated were produced from the Dept